Wie heute bekannt gegeben wurde kann man sich die Offizielle Puplic Beta von Natural Selection 3.2 runterladen und spielen! Gleich 4 neue Maps und etliche Veränderungen sind in dieser Version durchgeführt worden. Dabei sind zum Beispiel ...
Kolisionsmodels überarbeitet worden. Es ist wirklich erstaunlich was alles gemacht wurde, hat man vor einiger Zeit noch von "Stillstand" geredet.
Da es sich hierbei immer noch um eine Modifikation handelt können nur Half-Life 1 Besitzer (HL1 Original und Half-Life Antology) spielen.
Zu den Vielen Veränderungen gehören natürlich auch etliche Bugfixes und verbesserungen. Dazu gehört auch ein großer Map update der alte Maps mit etlichen neuen Features ausstattet. Zu den Map Updates gehören: ns_altair, ns_blast, ns_exlipse, ns_nancy, ns_shiva, ns_veil
Die neuen Maps:
- Updated ns_altair (by KungFuDiscoMonkey)
- Updated ns_bast (by Mendasp)
- Added vent between Databank Access and Tram Tunnel.
- Updated eclipse (by MrBen)
- Removed pillar in marine spawn.
- Redesigned power sub junction.
- Removed clipping errors across map.
- Minor architectural change to south loop to remove snagging.
- Removed water and infestation from the floor of computer core.
- Updated ns_nancy (by Lazer)
- New Vent from Port to Aux Command. Should help aliens defend the port hive a little bit more.
- Ladders at Cargo moved to the sides to help fades from getting stuck.
- Most everything has texture alignment now.
- Updated ns_shiva (by moultano)
- Flattened Draft Shafts: no more ladders, no more stairs.
- Removed elevator in shiva core. Replaced with ramp.
- Enlarged 2 hallways in steam tunnels.
- Expanded maintenance and southern hallway overlooking maintenance
- Expanded walkways in shiva core
- Changed the animation on welding the node in shiva core to open up the room more. The center now gets out of the way.
- Enlarged hallway in lower level of generator.
- Enlarged vents in steam tunnels, cryochambers, tunnel, shipment processing.
- Enlarged vent entrances in steam tunnels, cyrochambers, airlock.
- Added generator->tunnel vent, and extended cryochambers vent into databurst.
- Reworked ladders in steam tunnels. (Oni hate angled ladders)
- Commander can no longer accidentally build the double node, although gorges still can.
- Added delay to shivacore weldable to prevent players rushing in and getting smashed.
- Airlock weldable no longer kills everything inside, and one of the two doors remains open.
- Moved cryochambers ladder to slightly more protected position.
- Flattened ceiling of hallway between generator and steam tunnels to ease blinking.
- Shrunk platform in generator to ease blinking.
- Moved some of the spawns in datacore to prevent spawn camping.
- Partially plugged the hole next to elevator in cryochambers.
- Structures are no longer placeable in outside areas.
- Widened vent into tunnel
- Hopefully fixed Onos-splatting around shiva core.
- Updated ns_veil (by MrBen)
- Minor architectural changes to pipeline.
- Redesign of c12 area.
- Removed the infestation of subsector roof so meds can now be dropped on hive floor.
- Bindable alien movement abilities (blink, leap, charge)
- Movement abilities can be bound directly using +movement.
- Movement abilities can still be selected as a "weapon" and fired (no change).
- Movement abilities can be used in the readyroom but play at a much lower volume.
- Set "r" to default +movement in the keyboard bindings.
- Changed description for "Reload" to "Reload/alien movement" in the keyboard bindings.
- Added teleport feature to hives
- Players may now use an active hive to be teleported to the next hive with an 0.8 second cooldown per player.
- If a player uses a growing hive, it triggers 'The Enemy Approaches' Alert and makes it available for both hive and mc teleportation.
- Friendly fire no longer makes a hive available for teleportation.
- Hive teleport order is determined by the top-to-bottom order shown on the alien HUD.
- If a player can't reach a hive to use it, standing directly under the hive while pressing use will also work.
- "Ghost" placement model for marine structures
- When a marine structure is first placed by the commander, it will be a ghost structure.
- A ghost structure is partially transparent (but still solid) and will be immediately recycled for 80% of the resource cost if touched by an alien player.
- A ghost structure can be attacked and damaged without triggering an immediate recycle.
- The commander can choose to recycle a ghost structure in the same manner as an unbuilt structure.
- When a marine player starts to build a ghost structure, it will turn into a normal unbuilt structure.
- NS on HLTV
- NS now sends minimap updates to a connected HLTV server.
- NS now sends particle system templates to a connected HLTV server. Spores, Welder sparks etc. should display when spectating via HLTV.
- NS now sends hive information to HLTV.
- Every 30 seconds, the HLTV server rebuilds the information so recently connected players get the data too.
- Various bugfixes to improve the HLTV experience (detailed later in the changelog).
- Removed the hive-based armor bonus. Aliens now have "hive one armor" throughout the game.
- Modified lerk flight
- Increased the base lerk speed to 650.
- Reduced the effect of celerity on lerk flight from 25 to 20 (per chamber).
- Lerks now lose more speed when they climb, but still dive quickly.
- Onos charge
- Added knockback effect to charge so that the Onos may not be blocked by aliens or marines.
- Charge causes damage at a rate of 80 health per second, as long as charge contact is maintained.
- When using charge, the Onos will be propelled forward as long as +attack/+movement is activated and the Onos has enough energy.
- Lowered blink fire rate so energy drain is reduced.
- Blink maximum speed unchanged.
- Blink requires you to press your +attack or +movement key for double the time, but energy is drained at half the rate.
- Blink maximum speed unchanged.
- Changed cloak behaviour to be more consistent and intuitive.
- Aliens always cloak at rate dependent on the number of sensories.
- Cloaking takes 1 second to begin.
- It takes 4, 8 and 12 seconds to cloak depending on the number of sensories.
- Increased defense chamber healing effect:
- A target is now healed for the usual 10 health points and an additional + 1% of its maximum health (per DC healing tick).
- Web changes
- Webs now harden 1.5 seconds after being formed.
- Unhardened webs can be destroyed by marines walking through them without causing the player to get entangled.
- Web sounds updated to reflect the new behavior.
- Changed web rendering so they are consistent and easily visible in all render modes.
- Leap no longer does Friendly Fire damage.
- When redemption chooses a destination hive, it will not choose a hive under attack unless no other active hive is available.
- If the current hive is under attack, the player will not be teleported to it (assuming that there is another valid destination hive available).
- Reduced bilebomb velocity from 750 to 650.
- Changed ladder functionality for fades.
- The fade will never stick to a ladder when actively blinking.
- The fade can only climb ladders when its vertical speed is low (between -175 and 175).
- Removed telefragging by adding pushback to infantry portals and phasegates.
- Reduced phase gate cooldown from 0.5 seconds to 0.4 seconds.
- Jetpack cost tweaks (to make the JPs less risky as a strategy).
- Increased JP research cost by 10 res.
- Increased JP research time by 15 sec.
- Reduced JP cost from 15 to 10.
- Players who touch the ground with a jetpack active no longer stick to it.
- Added custom crosshairs
- Five crosshairs types for every weapon.
- The crosshair choices are available in the advanced multiplayer options.
- Can also be selected with cl_customcrosshair 0|1|2|3|4.
- Type one and two include spread indicators, while type three and four stay the same for all weapons.
- Type zero selects the crosshairs from 3.1.
- Crosshairs are available at these resolutions: 640/800/1024/1280.
- Hive sight HUD text
- Added transparency effect: the farther from the center of the screen the HUD text is, the more transparent it will be.
- Added cl_labelhivesight cvar (default 1) to allow players to disable hive sight labels on the alien HUD.
- Fixed: Losing all upgrade levels when at least 1 active chamber remains.
- Fixed a bug where a player had to click "Readyroom" twice.
- Fixed: flashlight sound is affected by silence
- Fixed: Votemap was not adjusting the required votes when a player left the server.
- The advanced alien sight (flashlight) will not be automatically switched off when a player dies.
- Death sprites now determined by the weapon doing the damage instead of the current weapon selected (e.g. no more "stomp" kills).
- Players always see the health indicator for the other team's structures, not the unbuilt status.
- Reverted the animation of a jumping skulk to 3.0 behaviour. This is an animation change only.
- Fixed a problem where sieges automatically sighted structures in range that are on slopes.
- Fixed a problem where players could not sight structures on slopes.
- Fixed commander keyboard scrolling (+scrollleft, +scrollright, +scrollup and +scrolldown).
- Heavy armour and jetpack are now visible in the readyroom.
- Fixed cl_autohelp in options window.
- Added player list to game menu for steam friends. (Thanks anakin)
- Improved playback of HUD alert messages (base under attack, enemy approaches, hive under attack etc.)
- Added support for +commandmenu.
- Fixed: "building under attack" will play on friendly structures after an enemy structure dies in the same location.
- Fixed commander view of alien health rings.
- Fixed server crash related to large numbers of chambers (entities)
- added server varaible sv_structurelimit, which restricts the number of structures that can be built on the map at once (excluding hives, RTs, and CCs).
- default value is 300.
- Fixed end-of-round player disconnection issue (usually seen on large servers)
- Chambers and structures no longer play effects when being destroyed during round reset.
- Fixed a textmsg crash.
- Votes against a commander are now retained unless a different player becomes commander.
- Fixed setgamma.
- Fixed slowresearch (sv_cheats 1) for build times.
- Reset the crosshair show count on round reset, fixes the missing crosshair problem.
- Fixed Onos digestion progress bar.
- Fixed: if an advanced armory is lost and no other armories exist, the observatory and armslab can not be built until a new armory is built.
- Fixed a formatting issue with the server name in the scoreboard.
- Removed the voice- and sound-related signoncommands from ns-hltv.cfg.
- Fixed a logfile print issue for end of round score.
- Fixed a bug where team score was not being reset if mp_tournament mode was changed from 1 to 0 between rounds.
- Crouched lerk flight plays flap animation.
- Crouched alien attack animations now play.
- Aliens can not gestate on steep slopes.
- Eggs no longer take fall damage.
- Fixed a bug where a the hive gained 15% health when it completed after it has been killed before.
- Exploit prevention
- Improved cvar locking.
- Added ns.wad, ns2.wad and v_wad.wad to consistency check.
- Remove the cl_rate command from the game.
- Fixed a bug where the obs effected neutral entities on the minimap for both teams.
- Fixed silent walk exploit.
- Fixed a bug where observatory actions (e.g. scan) were selectable during research.
- Fixed an exploit where commanders could place structures silently. (thanks RouterBox)
- Fixed "Auto Director" button in HLTV.
- Fixed a bug where player chat in HLTV wasn't displayed after round end.
- Fixed a HLTV bug where a minimap would become unavailable after map change.
- The HUD initialises correctly when connecting to HLTV directly from an active game.
- Fixed a bug where joining a HLTV server after playing on a game server (either the server you are spectating, or another) would cause sprites and particle effects to display oddly.
- Scoreboard is now updated more frequently for HLTV (so connecting players get the info).
- Fixed problematic model hitboxes:
Phase Gate changes:
Resource Tower changes:
Turret Factory changes:
Automated Siege Cannon changes: